How Am I Saved?
Written by Mike Sproul on May 28, 2018
How am I saved? By accepting God’s free gift of salvation.
First you have to know that God loves you and wants you to experience peace, life-abundant, and eternal. The Bible Says…..
- “We have peace with God through Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
- Which leads to the question “Why don’t most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?
“There is a way that seems right to man, but its end is the way of death.” Proverbs 14:12People have tried in many ways to bridge the gap between themselves and God. Philosophy, money and good works or deeds. Always without success. Men feel that they have to do something to earn the promises of God. The Bible says…
- “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.” Isaiah 59:2
“Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me.” Revelation 3:20We must trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We choose Him and receive Him by personal invitation. Not by works or deeds, but by answering the call that He puts on our heart. The Bible says…
- “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.” John 1:12
- “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
Where are you? On the side of man, sin, rebellion and separation from God…or…with God in forgiveness, peace, abundant life and eternal life.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us free will and freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice daily. This results in sin and separation from God. The Bible Says…
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Jesus Christ came to earth, born of a virgin and lived a sinless and blameless life. Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridges the gap between God and man. The Bible says….
- “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus” 1 Timothy 2:5.
- For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the spirit.” 1 Peter 3:18.
- “But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
If you feel God pulling on your heart, here is how you can receive Christ right now:
- Admit you need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come into and control your life through the Holy Spirit (submit and receive Him as Lord and Savior).
- The prayer can be a simple prayer, but from the heart: Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe that You are the Son of God and that You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. Amen
If you prayed that prayer, the Bible teaches us:
- “For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
- Did you sincerely ask Jesus Christ to come into your life? Where is He right now? He is in your heart through the Holy Spirit! What has He given you? “For by the grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:12-13
- Receiving Christ we are born into God’s family through the work of the Holy Spirit who dwells in every believer. This is called regeneration or the “new birth”.
This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. Contact us and let us know of your decision. To deepen this relationship, you should:
- Read your Bible every day to grow closer to Christ. Acts 17:11
- Talk with God in prayer every day. Pray without ceasing 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Tell others about Christ. Acts 1:8
- Confess Christ openly and be baptized. Acts 2:41
- Worship, fellowship & serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and honored. Hebrews 10:25
- If you trusted Christ, please let us know. We sincerely want to pray with you and for you.