What Is Sin?
Written by Mike Sproul on May 30, 2018
What is Sin?
What is sin? Sin is any failure to conform to the moral law of God in act, attitude or nature.
- Romans 5:19 says “For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous”.
- We inherited Adam’s sinful nature at birth Romans 5:12 says “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—”
- In Genesis 2:17 God said the penalty for eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was death.
- Romans 6:26 says “The wages of sin is death”. Through Jesus Christ’s life, death, burial and resurrection we are free from the condemnation sin brings.
- 1Peter 2:24 says “He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness”. When Christians sin, they should earnestly and quickly confess their sins to God.
- 1John 1:9 says “God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all our unrighteousness”.